THE GUIDED GROUP YOGA CLASS
Yoga is about the creation of peace in your mind and your general well-being. Our group sessions support these goals by providing a routine that guides you safely through industry-standard yoga movements and breathing techniques.
Yoga has become popular in the past 20 years and about 20 million people practice yoga in the US alone. According to the U.S. News & World Report, 2015 saw more growth in yoga than in any other natural health therapy.
Yoga can work with traditional treatment for better and more complete health outcomes. It accomplishes this by shifting the bodies primary response from a stress response (Sympathetic Nervous System Activation), to the relaxation response, marked by Parasympathetic Activation.
The Parasympathic response is restorative and results in:
- Reduction of stress & anxiety
- Increased focus & peaceful alertness, reducing brain fog
- A lower heart & breathing rate
- Decreases the inflammatory process, restoring PH balance
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower cortisol levels
- Reduction in oxidative stress, reversing premature aging
- Increased blood circulation to vital organs
- Increase hemoglobin and red blood cell oxygenation
- A redirection of awareness from pain to relaxation
- Restoration of homeostasis
- Suppression of chemoreceptors
- Activation of baroreceptors
- Enhanced quality of life
Sessions are about 50 min., in groups of up to 10 participants. Sessions take place in the Los Angeles area, and social distancing measures are in place for your safety.
It all starts with a FREE 15 minute introductory session.